Life in Mumbai can get pretty demanding from time to time. The busy city life calls for a break from time to time and if you are a nature lover then going for a short trek is the perfect way to enjoy your solitude. If you are wondering what kind of a trek will be available for you to avail, and that too near Mumbai, then you will be amazed with the number of options that you have!
Let’s take a look at some of the most exciting tours that you can avail when it comes to trekking near mumbai:
- Brahmatal Trek (Kathgodam to Kathgodam): This trip organized by Eightydegree Adventure Sports takes you to a trek of moderate nature through Brahmatal Lake. You will have to be well geared up for this trek in Uttarakhand. The perfect time for this trek is during the late winters since this lake experiences snowfall during the winters. The surrounding peaks make the view worth the trek!
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 7:00AM – Sat, 28 Jan 2017 8:00PM
Duration: 6 days
Cost: Rs 9300/-
- One day trek to One Tree Hill, Matheran: Mantheran is a very beautiful hill station located near Mumbai. Trekking or no trekking, this is a place that you must visit. If you want to go trekking in Matheran then this trek by Small Step Adevntures is the perfect one for you. This trek is a relatively less known one and hence you have the benefit of exploring something truly virgin and undisturbed by the pangs of tourism. Local legends also say that Shivaji had traversed the entire length of it on horseback, alone.
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Cost: Rs 700/-
- Har Ki Doon Trek: The most unique point about the Har Ki Doon Valley is that it is a hanging valley. Located in the Garhwal Himalayas, it is connected with the Borasu Pass. Many mythological legends also add to the charm of this place. It is believed that the pandavas crossed this path on their way final journey to heaven. Located at about 3500m above sea level, this trek calls for some extensive leg and muscle work and hence you should be well prepared before you head out for this one!
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 7:00AM – Fri, 17 Mar 2017 7:00PM
Cost: Rs 9500/-
- Night Trek and Camping at Gorakhgad: Located at about 2135ft above sea level, this is the perfect trek to enjoy if you are looking for some trekking adventure at night. It is a moderately easy one and something definitely worth trying out!
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 6:00PM – Sun, 22 Jan 2017 8:30AM
Cost: Rs 800/-
- 1800 Ft Most Thrilling Rappelling – KonkanKada: If you want to try out some exciting rappelling then this adventure trip by DustyRoad is the one for you! This rappelling of 1800ft will surely be one of the most exciting trips of your life!
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2017 7:00AM – 6:00PM and more
Cost: Rs 1000/- onwards
So, all set to enjoy some trekking fun near Mumbai? Well then what are you waiting for? Book your trip today!