London is a place that is there on all the traveller’s wish list. What attracts the tourists is the old school charm of that place. London is vast in holding cultural as well as linguistic diversity. Almost 300 and above languages are spoken in that city, including languages like Bengali, Gujarati, Mandarin, Cantonese and quite obviously English. The city has over 170 museums. The city holds everything to attract a tourist, but once the tourist visits London what are the main places and activities that are a must have on the list? Here’s a short guide on the places to visit and the things to do when in London.
And good news to anyone planning a trip to London, there are crazy lastminute.com discount code available at voucherbucket, so grab them while they last!
- THEME PARKS
A person is never too old for a theme park, especially if the parks are as great as the ones in London. Theme parks guarantee a day full of the adrenaline rush.
- Shrek’s Adventure: The park is in the South Bank of the city, and it is styled as the Kingdom of Far Far Away (from the movie Shrek). One can get to live the scenes of what he has only seen in the movies till now!
- Legoland Windsor: One who loves the idea of Vikings, dragons, treasure hunts, lego etc. will enjoy going to this park. This park has above fifty-five amusement rides and many attractive spots.
- Thorpe Park: This park is for the tourists looking for a thrilling experience. This place has the rides which will guarantee a lifetime of thrill and fun. Rollercoaster rides over here go from zero to 80mph in less than three seconds! There are a variety of other rides to choose from such as waterslides, speed swings, jungle maze etc.
- STUDIO TOUR
A person who is a great fan of movies would never want to miss the spots where their favourite movie’s shooting was done. For example, a Harry Potter fan would go crazy while visiting the Warner Brothers Studio. They have a tour organised specially for the tourists to enjoy a day in the life of Hogwarts (how cool is that!). Everything starting from the props to the sets, costumes etc. are made available in this tour.
Sunday markets are a must visit for any tourist. There are a range of markets to look at and if the motive is to take back gifts for family and friends then voilà, here is the place to find it all!
- Camden Market: The market is located in Camden town, along with the beautiful Regent’s Canal. This market displays all sorts of unique and handmade jewellery, artwork, souvenirs etc. This place is also known for vintage fashion.
- Brick Lane Market: Starting from shoes to accessories to clothes, everything can be found here. Bargaining skills will be rewarded with a proper discount on the items of choice.
- Flea Market: This market is hosted in the location of Flat Iron Square. It displays antique pieces of furniture, books, vintage records, retro clothes and other treasures. Since it is open from 10 am till 5 pm, a tourist can look around the place with leisure.
The theatres in London are known for their fantastic quality of performance. People keep going back for more because one time is never enough. ‘The Lion King’ at the Lyceum Theatre and ‘Aladdin’ at Prince Edward Theatre, both of which are a Disney Production, are in the public’s opinion simply magical.
- STAR FOOD
A day of shopping and sightseeing would make anyone hungry, and that gives a clue to head up to any of the famous restaurants and have food made by the star chefs.
- Trader’s Vic: This place provides an exquisite range of South sea dining. Among the suggestions are traditional finger food and a Trader Vic favourite like the Scottish lobster.
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.: Another place a movie addict would like to visit since this restaurant is based on one of the classic movies ‘Forrest Gump’. As the name suggests, these places guarantee an array of shrimp dishes and crustacean creativity.
There are other famous tourist attractions like the Science Museum, the Royal Botanical Gardens, Guildhall Art Gallery and Roman Amphitheatre etc. The best thing would be to hire a guide who is well professed with the whereabouts of the city.